The only blog that can factually claim to shift the Bell Curve, along with the hearts & minds of America, to the right.
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Calling all the misinformed!
There is so much misinformation out there on Iraq, that I thought I would just sit down here and pick apart some of the nonsense that so many of the young kids have floating around in the alcohol soaked brains.
• The US did not provide Iraq with WMD. No one did per se. Some American firms sold chemicals to Iraq that can be used to make chemical weapons, but they played a small role compared to many other countries.
• Saddam was never a “friend” of America. We just wanted to make sure they didn't lose their war with Iran.
• Our military support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war was very limited (as in 100 helicopters). In fact, America’s military contributions to Iraq are a footnote compared to what Russia, France and China provided them.
• Iraq was considered a state sponsor of terrorism by President’s Carter, Reagan, Bush, and Clinton. However, when G-Dub brings it up, people call him an idiot and a liar. It makes me wonder who the stupid people really are.
• Saddam was directly or indirectly responsible for the deaths of about 1.5 million Iraqis. Of this number, approximately, 1 million died (numbers vary) because of Saddam’s willingness to use his countries money on himself rather than taking care of his people. Ironically, he was able to dupe many dumb Westerners into believing these deaths were due to President Bill Clinton’s enforcement of economic sanctions. Of course, we know this is false. Saddam was given more than enough money through his oil for food program to take care of his people, but decided to buy palaces instead. The remaining 500,000 are a result of the Iran-Iraq War, the Persian Gulf War, and Saddam’s use of murder as a political tool (again numbers vary).
• If one does the math, approximately 60,000 Iraqi’s died every year under Saddam. It makes the current situation in Iraq look like a day at the park. Not really, but numberswise, there is an improvement in post-Saddam Iraq as opposed to when he was in power. Not to mention, rape is no longer an institutionalized form of punishment. That is good too!
All in all, I think you are probably much smarter having read this blog. Continue to read, and continue to allow me to shift that Bell Curve, and your politics, to the right.