Conservative Bastion
The only blog that can factually claim to shift the Bell Curve, along with the hearts & minds of America, to the right.
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Peace Agreement in Lebanon?

We finally have peace (for now) in the Middle East…and when I say the Middle East, I mean between Israel and Hezbollah…and when I say peace, that is despite Hezbollah launching 10 Katyusha rockets at the Israeli forces in southern Lebanon (yes they are still there for now). You get the idea. The peace we have now is of the Mid-East variety, but it is better than the alternative. Normally this is where I would come in with some witty or semi-witty commentary, but I decided to outsource this analysis to someone a little closer to the problem.

This is from The Lebanese Bloggers, a blog that I have been checking out since the beginning of the war.

On that note, I have a message I wish to convey to Nasrallah (and I think I speak for the majority of Lebanese when I say this): ENOUGH!

You are not my leader. You have just been handed your "epic battle" with the Israelis and you could not have wished for a better outcome. Of course, the price WE ALL had to pay for that "victory" of yours was astronomical. Your insistence on keeping your weapons and stubbornly tagging the Syrian-Iranian foreign policy line has brought our country to the brink of oblivion. ENOUGH, Nasrallah. ENOUGH.

The Israelis are now taking their Prime Minister to task for his folly. It would be a BIG shame if the Lebanese (including your own constituents, Mr. Nasrallah) do not take you to task. Did you really pose a deterrence to Israel? Could they have inflicted any more damage to the country? Were you the one who prevented them from doing so? Were your arms worth the price all of us paid? Can Lebanon continue like this? Will Lebanon be able to get back on its feet if you do not alter your own course? And finaly, can you and your organization, Mr. Nasrallah, really survive without Lebanon?

Nuff said.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!
0 Comments:
Links to this post:
Create a Link