Conservative Bastion
The only blog that can factually claim to shift the Bell Curve, along with the hearts & minds of America, to the right.
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
The Answer to Global Warming

As you all know, I believe don’t believe in global warming – at least not in the way it is usually presented. Is the earth warming? Probably. But if you ask me if I think I global warming is caused by humans, will lead to disaster, and that we should rank global warming as a top threat to human civilization…my answer would be a profound NO!!! There are many reasons that I tend to think global warming is bogus, and here is one.

Urban heat island effectOn hot summer days, urban air can be up to 10°F hotter than the surrounding countryside. Not to be confused with global climate change, scientists call this phenomenon the "heat island effect." Heat islands form as cities replace natural land cover with pavement, buildings, and other infrastructure. Increased urban temperatures can affect public health, the environment, and the amount of energy that consumers use for summertime cooling.

Assuming the heat island effect and all my other concerns regarding global warming are wrong, I still don’t think the answer is to limit CO2 emissions. Many liberals say we should not restrict our civil liberties because of a terrorist threats. I tend to agree, but I also believe that we should not restrict our economic liberties in order to combat global warming. So how should we deal with global warming? Assuming it is happening, this is the only good answer I’m aware of.

One way to curb global warming is to purposely shoot sulfur into the atmosphere, a scientist suggested today.

I'm listening...

Injecting sulfur into the second atmospheric layer closest to Earth would reflect more sunlight back to space and offset greenhouse gas warming, according to Nobel laureate Paul Crutzen from the Max Planck Institute for Chemistry in Germany and the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego.

Crutzen suggests carrying sulfur into the atmosphere via balloons and using artillery guns to release it, where the particles would stay for up to two years. The results could be seen in six months.

This is the American answer. Lets use the military to solve global warming. Imagine, we could stop global warming without a need to conserve one kilowatt-hour of energy.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!
5 Comments:
Blogger Democrat said...
Media, read your first paragraph closely. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

I tend to agree, but I also believe that we should not restrict our economic liberties in order to combat global warming.

No, we shouldn't; you are correct. But the alternative, as many liberals have suggested, is looking into alternative fuel sources, which would not restirct liberties. Oil and the cars that run on it are going to be obsolete one day anyway. No reason to not look into safer alternatives. Biodiesel, have you heard of it? It is taking off... Made out of soy bean.

Also, the Urban Heat Island deal is a result of exhaust and other emissions... Global Warming is a real issue whether you believe it or not. Now, it may not be as serious as the Ralph Nader types want you to believe, but it IS serious.

Look at it like this: you can only beat something or someone up for so long before they snap...Just a law of life... The Earth is ready to snap.

Capote

Blogger Media Tycoon said...
I do not oppose reseaching alternative fuels. I think people should be able to research whatever they want as long as it doesn't involve hurting someone else. However, I am afraid of treaties like Kyoto. I am serious about this sulfur thing. We should do it whenever the scientists think it gets a little too hot.

Blogger Democrat said...
What don't you like about Kyoto? I think it is excellent. You aren't a Republican, you are a Libertarian... But what you don't see is that some liberties hurt everyone when they're exercised. If the Earth isn't taken care of none of us will be here to exercise those liberties.

As for as that sulfur thing goes... I don't know anything about it; never heard of it before you mentioned it.

Democrat

Blogger Media Tycoon said...
i'm half way between libertarian and republican. I vote Republican because I believe voting outside of the two parties is a wasted vote.

Blogger Democrat said...
Well, I happen to agree with that... It is a wasted vote, but voting for Republican is voting against your best interest.

Democrat

Links to this post:
Create a Link